Friday, March 17, 2006

Requiescat in pace

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee." - John Donne

That quote comes from of one of my favorite pieces of writing of all time. I pray over the obituaries in the newspaper and when I hear a death knell tolling. I bow my head to a funeral procession. I shed tears easily and freely at a sad ending of any kind, and somehow I feel a loss when something good comes to an end even if I'm not closely involved in whatever it is that's ending. Thus it was with a heavy heart that I went through the links in my sidebar this afternoon to prune from it the dead ones - the blogs where the writers threw in the towel with a last hurrah, where they just let their blogs die silent deaths by leaving them unattended, and pehaps most tragically where they hit that DELETE button and terminated their entire written offerings with extreme prejudice.

I imagine there might be as many reasons for ending a blog as for starting one - as many reasons as there are bloggers. Whatever the reasons, though, I can't help but to feel a tinge of emptiness when a fellow blogger gives it all up. I was tempted to do it myself last week - to pull that plug after a friend chastised me harshly for broadcasting our sharing experiences as I do here. He argued that he didn't understand my need to do it. Hell, I don't understand my need to do it, but there's something great that I get from writing about the things we do. I can't categorize it nor quantify it, but I know that without the telling the experiences themselves would be the less. And so, I blog on and I remember fondly those who've gone before us here in Blogland - who've gone to wherever they'd hoped to go when they said goodbye or simply went quietly into that good night.
Technorati Tags: deesjoe sweetmrs39 cock sucking cocksucking cocksucker pussy fuck fucker fucked fucking licker licking balls nuts fellatio blow job blowjob dick handjob hot wife hotwife shared wife sharedwife cunnilingus cunt snatch slit gash vagina sex sexy sexblog sexblogs blog cum ejaculate bareback swingers swinging bi bisexual bi-sexual bicurious bi-curious jism cockbloggingwednesday half-nekkid thursday hnt rimjob rimming vulva labia intercourse nipples tits areola areolas majora minora breasts clitoris penis lifestyle dildo erection polyamory milf semen masturbation masturbate orgasm climax clit dick prick boner hardon woody erection asshole anus buns analingus ass

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You scared me.

I thought you were giving up.

Whew.

Unknown said...

Glad you're sticking around.

I stopped my first adult blog due to a similar chastizing and I regret it. Like you, I don't know why I need to share my sex life, but I just DO.

Keep on keeping on