Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Dies Irae, Dies Illa

We went to Gloria's viewing (wake) last evening. Everything about death sucks. It makes me think too much. Makes me ask too many questions for which I have no answers. Makes me contemplate some of my choices and makes me want to second guess some of them.

Sometimes I think Dee and I go to a viewing mostly because we're hoping that the whole thing is just a big joke being played on us by warped friends - as if we're expecting the "guest of honor" to be there laughing at us for having believed that he or she was really gone. Gloria was there last evening. But, she's really gone.

2 comments:

Suze said...

Joe, I offer my condolences to you and Dee.

It takes something like this to remind us that we are all mortal and to enjoy each healthy day we have.

I found out at the weekend that a close family member has cancer and at best 12 months to live. It gives you a totally different perspective on life.

*hugs to you both*

Darkneuro said...

I echo Suze's sentiments, hon... Hugs to you both. Celebrate the life.